Scrutineering and Times Trials
Location – Hinds Reserve, Bayswater
- Ensure you do not block the main access road.
- Be aware that your craft on your trailer cannot be any more than 1.2m high.
- Please ensure you craft and race gear are fully laid out, and ready, before entering the Scrutineering line.
- This year, because Time Trials will be conducted on part of the actual race course which is not simply flat water and contains river obstacles, your craft must pass ALL aspects of Scrutineering. If not you will not be permitted to do a Time Trial.
- PLEASE TAKE ALL YOUR RUBBISH WITH YOU and leave the area as you found it.
Location – Bottom of Bells Rapid to Middle Swan
Time – 12pm to 3pm (Last craft away no later than 3pm)
Officials – Starters Jeff Hodgkinson and Kevin Green.
- Please drop your boats as quick as you can and park away from the start line so that others can get in for their drop off.
- Finish line is at Middle Swan just upstream of the bridge. The checkered finish line float will be in the water off the bank near the timekeepers.
- During your Time Trial you MUST NOT TRAVEL IN THE UPSTREAM DIRECTION AT ANY TIME.
- If you break down pull over to the left hand bank and wait for the Recovery Craft.
- Results of Time trials will NOT be available on the day. They will be posted on the PDRC website the following day. This enables officials to check and ensure times are correct.
- Dept of Transport (DOT) has lifted the speed limit (5 knots) on RACE DAY ONLY.
Entrants ARE NOT PERMITTED to practice the Time Trial course at any other time.